Monday, March 17, 2008

The Break-Up {Part 1}

Ring.
My heart beats faster.
Ring.
I start to think twice...
Ring.
I form my words together...
Ring.
She picks up.
"Shorty, listen-
I'm digging you ma, but-
just not like her.
The things you do are good, but-
just not like her.
You dress sexy, but-
just not like her,
and when I think of wifey...
your face doesn't come up, but one
just like hers.
When I call, she tells me she wants me to
just like her.
You're messing up, and there are many other girls
-just not her.
I'm choosing, and they're choosing too;
many to choose from, and evidently my mistake was choosin you.
I used to smile when i saw you,
now it's like... whatever.
Butterflies when I heard you,
now it's like... whatever.
Actually I get depressed......shit, never
- whatever.
'Cause when I call you just grunt and be like...'whatever'.
But when I call her, she's excited,
puts down what she's doing
asks question afta question, like "baby, what you doing?"
I can't tell her that
what I'm doing is thinking about you
-but if this is true, why is it her that I pursue?
The names I used to call you start to slip into my vocabulary
as I talk 2 her,
'cause I loved you…
but now I love to talk 2 her.
Calling her during the time that I should be calling you;
Her voice has me thinking things I'd do, that I shouldn't do.
Its not me, ma- it's you
-baby please, wait listen...
Hold on, what?
Who?
So you're telling me you feel the same way, too?
Talking to who at the time u should b chattin 2 me?
Oh, F that, ma…I knew it was coming
-just watching your actions, I knew it was here
So I guess this is the break up-it was already near
I'm goin my own way, have a nice life, dear!
I knew you would hurt me, and I promised I wouldn't let it
That's why I got a safety net...
It's cool, now me n her can be happy, be together...
Her and I can explore the love and lust we shared together...
I'm glad I no longer have to worry about your stress...... "
Click.
damn......
next week comes and I'm wishing I never left...

to be continued...
Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: