Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Break Up {Part 3}

I click back,
she asks “who was that?”
Man, what a good question...
Everything I did with this other woman, I start to reget.
My girl wasn’t like her at all...
my girl was the one who'd catch me whenever I'd fall
-she was the one I couldn’t ever wait to call
-she was the only I could sit with in silence, yet love it all...
I start to think damn, what have I done?
leavin the one I love
for the one I like…how dumb!
Then the things the one I love used to do start to float
in my mind, so thoughts of being with her again start to choke
Like how she always thought negatively…
how she seemed bored, so I thought she’d rather be with someone “better than me”.
How I always had to tell her I that loved her first,
or playfully force it out of her…that was the worst
How she stopped saying it when we argued...
“Hello? Lu, baby u on the phone? Hello? Where are you?”
“Yeah, I’m here. Just thinking about the pros and cons of you
along with the cons and pros of me and you...
Then I’ll know for sure if I really want to be with you.”
“Baby, don’t trip- I’m just going through a phase,
we can fix this shit!”
“Well if you were in love, then that phase couldn’t exist!
You say you're scared to express yourself to block pain and hurt
-but real love casts out all fear, never heard that before?
I tell you how I feel about you everytime we talk
-how I love to hear you with no distractions, just laying in the dark
-how your voice could stop me right in my tracks,
and the sweet- berry love…turned to wine when I laid you on your back.
As time goes on, we get worse though...
and I can’t sit here and allow it to get any worse, yo!
I don’t trust you, you contradict yourself, and it stains my mind like blood do
And honestly, I’m starting to feel like I never loved u…”

To be continued...
Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: