Monday, March 3, 2008

Someone Else

My rant was cut short by 3 words from the person in front of me...
"She likes someone."
The words had to register in my brain before I responded.
It took a minute.
"Excuse me?" I wanted to hear something else- anything else than what was said a minute ago.
"She likes someone."
Those three words deliverd the same pain as the three matching words before...
"Who?" I asked, with urgency. I wanted to know.
"Not you..."
I stared in awe, as if the deliverer of the news was the Grim Reaper.
Well, for the moment, they were.
It wasn't what you think though; the Reaper's only purpose was not to just take my soul and kill me...
Grim's main purpose was to stop my suffering...
Ponder on that for a little while.
My heart stopped, my world slowed down, emotion poured, and everything that I didn't want to come together came together as the Reaper explained the supporting evidence.
She was feeling someone else...
This explained why her actions and words didn't match up...
Why she would tell me she loved me, and that I never lost her, and blah...blah...blah...
Yet she acted as if she didn't want me around at all...
She gave me all kinds of excuses for those actions, but she never told me that there may have been someone else...
Yet she sure was acting like it...
Words are maybes...but it's the deeds that make things definite.
This is why she acted as if it was nothing to lose me...as if I wasn't something special.
Because I was replaced.
Something truly special cannot be replaced, therefore I must not have been truly special to her.
I mean, she acted like it.
I got up out of my seat and left the Grim Reaper to sit there alone...
As I walked around, I couldn't put my finger on how I felt; my emotions were mixed...
I was hurt, angry, yet relieved that I knew the motive behind her operation...
I hated not knowing...
Yet, I still felt no hatred towards her...
I still wished her the best.
I still wanted her to be happy.
So if this other guy can make her happy, and I can't- even though I tried so hard...I can do nothing but be happy for her.
She probably blushed when she met him...
Probably blushes when he's spoken of...

She blushed when she met me...

It's times like these when I want to jump in my Black Pearl, roll all the windows down and just drive...music loud, or no music at all. Looking forward as the wind blows in my face to cool me off, as I zip around corners and down straights smoothly...
No destination in mind, but to get things off my mind...
I guess I'll settle for fresh air.

You can't make somebody feel...
A pony and a dozen puppies can't make somebody feel.

Peace & Blessings
Lu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes you cant always listen to what people say. if you havent learned that by now.. you have have no ideas behind peoples motives and some... MOST people dont know what the HELL they are talking about..
nuff said.

ohsolucius said...

correct, but if the source is reliable and it makes sense...
you'd have to be in my shoes to understand, anonymous.
i appreciate you speaking your mind, though...

ohsolucius said...

also, anonymous, why don't you check out the literature and look deeper than the idea of the post? why don't you check out how the character feels? the love he has for the woman? how hurt he is? there's more to this than you think...open your mind.