Thursday, April 24, 2008

FUCK YOU HALF ASS!

A Recollection

Famously she descended, her red hair
Unbound and bronzed by sea-reflections, caught
Crinkled with sea-pearls. The fine slender taut
Knees that let down her feet upon the air,
Young breasts, slim flanks and golden quarries were
Odder than when the young distraught
Unknown Venetian, painting her portrait, thought
He'd not imagined what he painted there.

And I too commerced with that golden cloud:
Lipped her delicious hands and had my ease
Faring fantastically, perversely proud.

All loveliness demands our courtesies.
Since she was dead I praised her as I could
Silently, among the Barberini bees.

--John Peale Bishop

Sitting in my creative writing class, we had to paraphrase and analyze the poem above. I really couldn't tell what it was saying...I figured it was a poem about a man painting a picture of a dead woman- I may seem like I ace all literature, but the older poems and stories...hmph.
Anyway, we were talking about the poem, and all of a sudden my prof bellows

"FUCK YOU HALF ASS!!"

I'm appalled, and I look to him for an explanation, as well as look to see who he may be talking to...
He's not talking to anyone, just telling us what the poem was trying to say.
I didn't get it at first...and then I looked closer.
If you don't get it as well, you should look a little closer...

Hint: It's an italian sonnet making fun of older modern poetry...saying it look no talent to write such things...



Okay, for the 2nd gearers...
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
H

A
L
F

A
S
S

Oh, the love I hold for literature.

Peace & Blessings
Lu

2 comments:

Ms.Tooty said...

laughter at thee: taha, taha

Milah.b said...

haha!
"oh the love i have for literature"

lol, love that so much!
that is funny tho