Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I LOVE English!!! (Follow-up to 'I HATE ENGLISH')

lol...
I mean, I've always loved English...But if you read my previous blog, you'd see why I said I hated it at the time. I should still hate English...but I could never.
Plus, my ENG prof gave me hope...
the mid term test grades were released...
A-1
B-2
C-10
D-1
F-2
I was nervous as she passed back our tests, after giving a detailed description on why our grades were what they were.
I got mine, and viewed the grade in red.
pheeewww. lol
I did MUCH better than i thought, which is saaaaadddd.
I was one of the '1s and onlys'....you figure it out.
But anyway, after deep pondering about dropping the class, i decided to ask my prof about the issue...
I asked if I could possibly bring the grade up, since the rest of the semester would be easier- plus, I'd have the hang o the class.
She basically just told me that it wasn't looking too good, but there was a chance if I did what I needed to do- which is what I'm MORE than willing to do now.
She also left me with some words that changed my life...
She told me that I grasped the information well, but my examples were not enough- which was the case with ALOT of the students. This made me feel less stupid than I thought I was...haha. She also informed me that my introduction to the essay was one of the best out of 150 students!
Boy, did my heart swell like the Grinch's...lol.
That made me feel great, because when I write- I write to pull you in, AND feed information- not just the latter.
She also told me not to let the test score pull my mind away from the real priorities in life, because a grade doesn't determine the quality of your mind...which was proved in my essay.
wow. I paused, smiled, and told her that meant alot to me- because it did.

Maybe she's not as b-wordish as I thought...

So, I've officially dropped out of school to pursue my dreams of being an author, motivational speaker, and teacher. Follow my heart, right? Creativity is more important than any education I can get...


Sike.
Operation: Mother's crib on the beach is still in effect, people. Don't get your {insert underwear of choice here} in a bundle...

Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: