Friday, February 15, 2008

You Say I- Part 2


You say I...
I say I...
We say I...
But who was I?

How many Is do you have?

In a former blog, I asked you to answer that question for me...
some people thought I meant "how many is do you have?", some thought I meant "how many eyes do you have?", and ALOT of people just disregarded it...which is fine. lol.

What I meant by it was exactly what I said. How many 'Is' do you have??

You may say "I'd never lie to you!", "I love you", "I want to have sex", "I've been working out", "I- this....", and "I- that..."
How many 'Is' do you have???

When you tell me "I'd never lie, or cheat on you"- Is that a different 'I' than when you did?
If you say "I don't like to drink to get drunk", and then you're throwing up booze on a Friday night- was this a different I?
Or when you say "I'm not a hoe!", but everytime you get that feeling- you GET sexual healing- FROM a different guy everytime...do you hold two different 'Is' that conflict?

How many 'Is' do you have?
Do you let these 'Is' control you?

It's funny, but it makes sense...we say 'I' alot, yet we have different moods on different days...So which 'I' is saying what? Which 'I' is the dominant? Or do you feel you just have one 'I'?

I honestly don't think anyone just has one 'I'...and I think our 'Is' change as time goes on...

This is deep to me, and I don't want to confuse you, so I'll just end it here...
But answer me.
How many 'Is' do you have?

Peace & Blessings
Lucius McCall

No comments: