Sunday, March 9, 2008

Backslide!!

Wow.
Wow. Wow. Wow.
So I'm riding with my dunns (yeah, had to take it back to 98. Queensbridgeeeee! lmao) and we stopped at a Mickey D's before we went back to my mans apartment to play Rockband.
pause.
Rockband has to be one of the best games I've played in a loooonngggg time. Invest in it.
Period.
play.
So we pull up to the drive thru, and we're trying to get our orders together, and we hear "Ay, hold on."
Ay?
What happened to "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?"
After a few minutes we start to say our orders, and the guy says that he can't hear us, so we should pull up to the window.
We pull around to the window and see this young man, a clean cut dude, respected for getting his hustle on.
I start to argue with my brother about who's paying for us while my best friend orders what he wants.
I turn to the guy to place my order, and he says, "For future reference, let us know when you got more than one order."
The heck?! This aint no luxury restaurant! There are no rules at McDonalds! I tell you what I want, and you give it to me!
Nuff said!
"Okay." my best friend says.
He doesn't end there.
My lil brother asks for a discount (he works at Micky's to), and the guy looks at us with a blank stare...i guess he was letting his mind work for another stupid thing to say.
I was right.
"What that supposed to mean? You get a discount? Shit, I wish it worked like that. I'd get mine!" He sneered as I gave him the debit card. What the hell was his problem?
It wasn't even his words that made me mad...
it was the tone...the facial expression...the attitude.
he definately had one.
I said nothing...I just tried to hold it in and examine the situation.
He hadn't said, or did anything too rude yet...No reason to trip.
I spoke too soon.
I was talking to my brother, and all of a sudden something landed on my lap.
I looked down.
it was the debit card.
The stupid boy threw the debit card through the window.
he trew the card at me.
I looked at him, and he held the same sneer as he took the next order.
"I said, can I take your order?"
Before I could think of whether I was gonna throw my ided tea at him, My best fried pulled off. We heard him yelling behind us...
"Aight, remember! Let us know if it's more than one order."
I sat there in awe...tried to form my thoughts together...I didn't know what to say or do, so I started a rant about how ignorant the guy was to the ethics of customer service.
As usual, my best friend took the side of the hoodlum.
"I don't get mad about things like that anymore. You have to expect that. You have to adapt." he said.
As if the treatment was normal.
What...in..the...world?
Milah, if you're reading this, when we pulled off, I said I wished you were there...
cuz you would have broke his little heart for trying us like that...lol.
Man, I'm glad I held myself together. Because that was uncalled for.
I was about to backslide.
God bless him.

ugh.
Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: