Saturday, April 19, 2008

Echo

Echo

I wait and listen for even your faintest
whisper, as the silence
echoes around me
and I vaguely see the illustration of your
shadow only to get lost in your faded
memory
It's been so long since I've felt your presence
but they say time is of the essence
so then why is your
absence
killing me inside
no matter how hard I try
to forget you
your face remains in my mind
as if you were mine
but you're not
I tell myself I should let you go but my
heart tells me no... I vowed
that I would never succumb to the
pain
though that only allows me to sit here and wait
to commiserate
in the emptiness that embodies my whole
being, inevitably seeing that I'm internally bleeding
leaving my reality to rely on my dreaming
of what you & I could've been
so I'm left to reminisc of all of you that
I will miss
lost in a state of bliss that you may call
ignorance, but I call it my high off
you
and me
what I used to call "we"
yet my sadness overrules and the realization that
you are gone sets in
I try hard to forget, or better yet-
not to remember...
to obliterate anything that had me
caught in my sweet oblivion;
to erase all obscure images of an unrequited
love
cause time waits for nothing and we've
borrowed enough from
the destiny we'll never have
so I'll remain confined to this blind
state of mind
...attempting to free my soul rhyme after rhyme...
Yet I have been forsaken
and to try to regain what I have lost
would be to no avail...
Cause what I feel cannot be seen or touched, it lies beneath
my skin
And the whisper of your distant heart
echoes somewhere within....
--poem by an amazing fellow writer...
Laura.

2 comments:

mercie said...

WOW.
that was amazing

Anonymous said...

woww that was amazing- at first it hought that you wrote it and i was like *snapSNAP* this needs to be read at an open mic night for real! but either way, the poem was great.. it touched me.